Thank you for your interest in Wisconsin English as a Second Language Institute (WESLI) in Madison, Wisconsin, USA! The following information is for students who wish to study English at WESLI. If you are interested in TEFL Certification through WESLI Teacher Training Program (WTTP), please click here.
(See also Visa Information)
Students must be at least 17 years old to study English at WESLI. (Students younger than 17 can be accommodated only in some circumstances; please contact us about your specific situation.)
To apply to WESLI, you will need to give us:
1. A passport copy: A copy of the personal information page.
3. Financial documentation: The U.S. government requires documentation from international students showing you can pay to study at WESLI and to live in the United States during the time you are registered to study here.
For example: If you are studying 1 month of General English while living in dormitory in a shared room, you need to show at least US$3000. ($1600 tuition + $800 housing + $100 book fees + $110 health insurance + $400 for food and personal expenses per month). Longer stays or programs with more study hours per week = a higher minimum balance on your financial documentation. (We can help you determine how much you need to show.)
This financial documentation can be ONE of the following:
- A copy of your personal bank statement.
- OR a copy of your parents’ or other sponsor’s bank statement AND a signed letter stating that this person or institution will pay for your tuition and living expenses.
- OR a letter from your government or its scholarship agency saying they will pay for your tuition and living expenses.
4. A non-refundable US$125 application fee: For processing your application and I-20. An I-20 is the document you will need to receive a visa. If you want to receive your Acceptance Letter and I-20 quickly, you should also add US$75 for express mail delivery.