On Registration Day, you will come to WESLI at 8:30 in the morning. You will need to:
- bring your passport.
- bring proof (insurance card) that you already have health insurance if you don’t want to buy health insurance through WESLI.
- have a student ID picture taken at WESLI.
- talk to one of WESLI’s advisors about your goals for learning English.
- take a placement test to determine your English level at WESLI.
- choose your classes and receive your class schedule.
- pay for your tuition, insurance, books and dorm or homestay fees. You can use cash, cashier’s check, or traveler’s checks. If you use traveler’s checks, it’s easier to bring $100 or $500 bills. We also accept Visa or MasterCard. If you already have a bank account in the U.S., you may pay with a debit card or personal check. Please remember that fees are due on Registration Day, and a late fee will be charged if you pay after one week of class.
- request to open a bank account in Madison.
On the morning of the Orientation Day, a WESLI staff member will take the students who want to open bank accounts to a nearby bank.
At 11:000am, there will be a new student orientation. You will meet other new students and WESLI staff members, and learn how they can help you. You will also receive general information about WESLI and Madison.
WESLI provides a challenging, fun, and family-like learning environment. Madison is a lively, beautiful city. Studying at WESLI will be one of the most unforgettable times in your life. You will experience many new and exciting things.
However, many things will be different for you. The culture, people, clothing, food, and weather will all be new. Sometimes these changes cause homesickness, especially during the first days. If you are patient, you will soon adapt to your new home and start to make new friends. It’s a great opportunity – learn and have fun!